Calling all amateur photographers! Add your most amazing pictures to this year's fair & with your entry you could win bragging rights as well as a bit of cash.
Contact: Andi Hardy E-mail: email@example.com
Phone or text: 250-882-4919
Prizes: 1st $3.00 2nd $2.00 No 3rd
- Open to Amateur photographers only.
- Photographers under the age of 18 may enter their work in either this competition or the junior/children’s event. They may not enter the same photo in both.
- Only one entry per class, and no photo can be entered in more than one class.
- Photos can be no smaller than 4”x6” and no larger than 8”x12”.
- All photos must be mounted on dark blue or black construction paper or poster board, using double sided tape. Borders should be no more than 3/4”.
- No framing or matting, and no text permitted on the front of the photo or mount.
- Photos must be originals—no photocopies permitted—and must have been taken by the entrant.
- All photos must be clearly identified on the back of the mount with the name of the photographer and the class they are entered in. No identifying marks on the front of the picture or mount.
- Photos will be judged on originality, composition and technique. The decision of the judges must be considered final.
- Late entries pay double and may be accepted up to 5 pm on Thursday.
601 Landscape / Seascape
Any photo that includes mountains, meadows, fields and trees, lakes, beaches, oceans, etc. Central focus of picture cannot be people or man-made structures.
Any photos that feature sunsets, sunrises, dramatic clouds, rainbows, captivating horizons, the moon, stars, etc.
603 Architecture / Industry
Pictures that capture the essence of man-made structures, using ambient light. This could include buildings, machinery, etc.
604 Pets or Domestic Animals
Can include household pets, farm animals or animals at a zoo or aquarium, with or without human interaction, but the animal(s) should be the focus of the picture.
Can include any type of wild animal in nature, on land, sea or air.
606 Action or Motion
Any picture that captures or stops action, such as kids playing, fireworks, moving water, wind, etc.
607 Sports / Recreational Activities
These photos should show people involved in any kind of recreational activity, such as organized sports, golf, swimming, horseback riding, etc.
608 Macro / Close-up Photography
This class includes any close-up of a small object that dominates the frame of the photo. The picture is usually at least twice the size of the original object.
Pictures of people or animals as the central subject.
610 Flowers / Plant life
Pictures showing growing things. Could include gardens, shrubs, flowers, etc.
611 Faraway Places
Photos of locations obviously not on Vancouver Island. This could include scenes overseas, the US or even other parts of Canada.
612 Digital Manipulation
These are photos that have been altered from the original shot. This could include merging two photos, adding an obviously foreign object to a scene, or changing colours or shapes within the picture.
613 Vintage Farm
This could include old farm equipment, farm buildings – or even old farmers!