Contact: Brad Barclay E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes: 1st $3.00 2nd $2.00 No 3rd
Home Baking & Preserving Rules:
- Late entries pay double and may be accepted up to 5 pm on Thursday.
- Novice Baking for entrants who have not won a 1st or 2nd prize in Baking Section before.
- Novice Preserving for entrants who have not won a 1st or 2nd prize in Preserving Section before.
Section 1 - BAKING
Baking will be judged on texture, appearance & taste.
N1 - Multigrain Bread, 1 loaf
N2 - Machine Bread, 1 loaf
N3 - Muffins, Any Variety (AV), 3, named
N4 - Cookies, AV, 3 named
N5 - Loaf, AV, named
N6 - Brownies, 3
N7 - Scones, AV, 3 named
201 - Multigrain Bread, 1 loaf
202 - Machine Bread, 1 loaf
203 - Sourdough Bread, 1 loaf
204 - Cinnamon Buns, 4
205 - Bran Muffins, 4
206 - Cookies, Chocolate Chip, 4
207 - Sugar Cookies, shaped, iced, 4
208 - Muffins, Any Variety, 4
209 - Cupcakes, decorated, 4
210 - Carrot Cake, iced
211 - Cake , decorated
212 - Any Two Crust Pie, 6-8”, named
213 - Baked Square or Bar, 4 pieces, named
214 - Any Paleo Bar, 4 pieces, recipe attached
215 - Scones, 4
216 - Butter Tarts, 4
217 - GF Cookies, Chocolate Chip, 4, recipe attached
218 - GF Bars or Squares, named, 4, recipe attached
219 - GF Cake or Cupcakes 4, decorated, recipe attached
220 - AV Fudge, 4 pieces
221 - Any Raw Vegan Cookies, 4, recipe attached
Section 2 - PRESERVING
- Canned preserves will be judged on appearance, pack & container.
- Jars and lids should be clean and free of rust.
- Preserves should be made within the year.
- Canned goods must be processed in a boiling water canner or pressure canner using two-piece snap lids. No wax-sealed jars accepted.
- Any labels should be on bottom of jar.
- Jams and jellies 250ml or 500 ml jar. Fruit, pickles and vegetables 500ml or 1 litre jar.
NP1 - Stawberry Jam
NP2 - Blackberry Jam
NP3 - Pears, halved
NP4 - Vegetable, Any Variety (AV), named
NP6 - Dehydrated fruit, AV, named
NP7 - Any Other Variety (AOV) preserve
Jams and Jellies
251 - Strawberry Jam
252 - Blackberry Jam
253 - AO Jam, single fruit or berry, named
254 - AO Jam, combination, named
256 - Red Pepper Jelly
257 - Marmalade
258 - Jelly, AOV (eg rose petal, herbal) named
261 - Peaches, halved
262 - Pears, halves
263 - Dehydrated fruit, single
264 - Apple Sauce
265 - Fruit Leather
266 - AO Fruit, combination, named
271 - Dill Pickles
272 - Bread and Butter Pickles
273 - Relish, AV, named
274 - Chutney, AV, named
275 - Pickled Beets, named
276 - Vinegar, AV, named
281 - Beans, 1 jar
282 - Carrots, 1 jar
283 - Tomatoes, stewed, 1 jar
284 - Tomatoes, whole, 1 jar
285 - Mixed Vegetables, 1 jar
286 - AO Vegetable, 1 jar